Long time -- no post. We're back in action with a lot happening, which is a bad time to have lost -- maybe forever -- the digital camera! Seems I went to a site visit 2 weeks ago, and I have not seen it since. I may have driven off with the thing on top of the car...
SO, a progress report w/out photos today, with more photos coming soon.
Here's what's been happening:
- Roof Insulation: Dense pack cellulose at roughly R-62 in ceiling (16.5" at high density), plus other materials = ~ R-66 total.
- Insulated stem wall and wiring chases.
- Insulated north wall of utility room with 5.5" of damp-spray cellulose in 2x6 stud wall inside the bale wall (probably a total of about R-53). This was a blast to install, and made a huge mess. Really something to see or experience! After the over-spray is trimmed off, it looks so neat and tidy!
- Don't Step On The Blocking! Brad steps on fire blocking while attempting to screw plywood to ceiling and falls through one the the 2x4 interior walls, proving that 16-penny nails are no match for the finely-tuned shins, chest and back of the modern-day homo sapiens, that gravity still does work, and that tetanus shots still hurt!
- Plastering upstairs (Steen Coat and Scratch coats)
- Wood trim around window boxes.
- Finish plaster work commences downstairs. Smooth surface with gently rounded contours. Ready for clay paint. Lookin' good.
- Cardboard removed where finish coat has been applied, revealing a real hint of the finished look with exposed beams -- looks FAN-TASTIC! Wish I had the #$@*+ camera -- DOH!
- Under-floor plumbing and drain pipes.
- Venting for plumbing drains installed in ceiling.
- Greywater and blackwater drains installed in preparation for pouring the concrete floor.
- Under-floor wiring runs completed for the concrete pour.
- Worked on kitchen and bath designs, and looked at entry doors.
- Completion of insulation
- Blower door test #1
- Completion of finish plasters
- Exterior plasters completed
- Wiring completed
- Concrete floor poured
- Electrical service hook-up